Import Exchange rule for Calendar-Only Account to Leave Calendar and Voice Mail Items in your Inbox
Selecting the Central Exchange for Calendar Only option as your email and calendaring option from eID will forward all messages delivered to your Exchange mailbox to the e-mail address you specified to receive your
First.Last@ColoState.EDU e-mail. This allows you to perform email functions using your organization's email systems while utilizing Central Exchange services for calendaring. In order to create and respond to Exchange Calendar requests, you will need to use the web interface (Outlook Web Access or OWA) for Exchange at https://mail.colostate.edu. If you have also ordered voice mail service for your Exchange account and want to access voice mail over the phone (as opposed to only receiving a copy at your speficied e-mail account), voice mail items must remain in your Exchange Inbox so that Exchange can access those items when you call into the system. To configure your Exchange account so that Calendar-related and Voice Mail items remain in your Exchange mailbox while all other e-mail is automatically deleted after it is forwarded, use the process below to upload a rule to the Exchange server.
Steps Using Outlook 2007
- Download the rules file.
- Unzip this file to a location on your hard disk. The file is called
- Open Outlook and configure it to connect to your mailbox - your IT department may have a computer with Outlook installed specifically for this process.
- Once Outlook is connected to your mailbox, click on "Tools" and "Rules and Alerts..."
- IMPORTANT: If you have previously added the Calendar-Only rule to your Outlook, but it is named "Exchange Calendar Only - Keep only calendar items", you will need to select the existing rule and click the Delete button.
- Next, click on the "Options" button
- Click on the "Import Rules" button and navigate to the location where you saved the rules file.
- Once the rules have been imported, click "OK" to close the Rules and Alerts configuration box.
- You have now configured your Exchange mailbox to keep only meeting-related messages in your inbox.