If you have questions about the transition from Octel Voice Mail to Exchange Voice Mail please contact CSU Telecom.
- Phone: (970)491-2140
- E-mail: email@example.com
The transition from Octel voice mail to Exchange voice mail (also called Exchange Unified Messaging) will take place during the first half of calendar year 2011. Automated migration processes should be finalized by early February.
- Present - Central Exchange Users Transition to Exchange Voice Mail Individually: Octel users with Central Exchange accounts may transition to Exchange voice mail by submitting the Telecommunications Service Order Form.
- Spring 2011 - Departmental and Unit Migrations: CSU Telecommunications will be contacting departments to assist with the migration process during the spring semester.
- Summer 2011 - Complete the transition from Octel voice mail to Exchange voice mail
The transition from Octel to Exchange voice mail will vary depending upon the type of a voice mail mailbox being transitioned (user voice mail vs menu mailbox) and whether or not the user already has a Central Exchange account. The following information illustrates how Octel voice mail features relate to Exchange voice mail.
For Users with a Central Exchange Mailbox: Users with an existing Exchange account for e-mail and/or calendaring will have their Octel voice mail transitioned to their Exchange account. When a new voice message is created, an e-mail with an audio file attachment will be sent to the Exchange user. Optionally, users may dial 491-5500 to access their voice mail.
For Users without an Existing Central Exchange Mailbox: Users without Central Exchange accounts will have a voice mail only account created. Voice mail only mailboxes will allow people to access their voice mail either by dialing 491-5500 or via Outlook Web App (OWA). When using OWA, the 10-digit phone number (ex: 9704911234) is the username. The password is sent to the user when the account is created.
Migrating Octel Menu or Extension Mailboxes to Exchange Voicemail: Menu and extension mailboxes are available as Voice Mail Only mailboxes. Outlook Web App is used to configure menu options and greetings, and to access messages.
- Why is CSU transitioning from Octel to Exchange Voice Mail?
- Is there a charge for transitioning from Octel to Exchange Voice Mail?
- Will the transition to Exchange Voice Mail affect the Monthly Recurring Charge for voice mail?
- Will the messages and greetings I have saved in Octel automatically be moved to Exchange when my voice mail is transitioned?
- I have a Calendar Only Exchange account. Why aren't there any unheard voice mail messages when I call into Exchange even though I know that a voice mail message was left for me?
- My department uses a "menu mailbox" that answers calls with a recorded greeting which prompts users to press 1 to talk to John, 2 to Talk to Jane, etc. How will menu mailboxes be transitioned to Exchange Voice Mail?
- Can my Exchange Voice Mail account be configured to forward calls to a long distance phone number?
My department uses a "menu mailbox" that answers calls with a recorded greeting which prompts users to press 1 to talk to John, 2 to Talk to Jane, etc. How will menu mailboxes be transitioned to Exchange Voice Mail?