E-mail and Calendaring Tips & TricksOffice 365 | Email | Calendar | Resource Coordinators
Office 365 help docs have moved to http://help.mail.colostate.edu/tt_o365.aspx. You can also access the new location for O365 help documents by clicking the "Help Docs" link in Office 365 navigation section.
- Create a New Outlook Profile from the Control Panel
- Deleted and Junk e-mail: Where does it go?
- Free up more space by archiving your mail into PST files
- Forward e-mail to another account.
- Managing junk e-mail settings in Outlook and Outlook Web App
- Outlook for Mac 2011 Best Practices
- Outlook Web App - Disable Conversation View
- Remove invalid entries from your nickname cache
- Restore line breaks
- Set up an out-of-office reply
- Set up Outlook to open a shared mailbox as a second mailbox
- Set up Outlook 2010 for users on the Central Exchange system
- Set up Outlook 2010 to connect to the Central Exchange servers using Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) - ex: for off campus use
- Set up Outlook 2013 for users on the Central Exchange system
- Set up Outlook 2011 for Mac with Central Exchange
- Set up an Android device to connect to Central Exchange
- Set up an iPhone to connect to Central Exchange
- Set up an e-mail client using secure IMAP.
- Shortcut to resolve names quickly when composing e-mail
- Update the password stored for your Exchange account on a mobile device.
- Exchange Calendaring Best Practices
- Import Exchange rule for Calendar-Only Account to Only Leave Calendar Items in your Inbox
- Import Exchange rule for Calendar-Only Account to Leave Calendar and Voice Mail Items in your Inbox
- Import Holidays into your Outlook Calendar
- Sharing your calendar or opening another user's shared calendar
- Configuring delegates for room and equipment resources.
- Limit access to a room or equipment resource
- Manage the membership of a distribution list or permissions group
- Outlook - disable/enable offline address book
- SHARED MAILBOX: Open a shared mailbox using Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- SHARED MAILBOX: Set up Outlook to connect directly to a shared mailbox
- SHARED MAILBOX: Set up Outlook to open a shared mailbox as a second mailbox
- Sharing a resource's calendar and opening a resource's shared calendar.
- Student Exceptions: Explanation and summary of the process.
- Migrating a Child Domain Exchange Mailbox to a Central Exchange Mailbox.
- Why do recipients receive winmail.dat instead of the attachments I sent to them?
The "Outlook Terminal Server" was created specifically for instances where people need to configure a setting only available using an Outlook client and either do not have access to an Outlook client installed on a PC or if a user's PC login does not allow them to configure Exchange settings such as delegate access. Instructions for connecting to the Outlook Terminal Server are available at http://help.mail.colostate.edu/tt_outlook_remote.aspx
Common Task Performed on the Outlook Terminal Server
- Configure Delegate Access: To setup delegate access, connect to the Outlook Terminal server and from Outlook go to "File" > "Account Settings" > "Delegate Access" to manage delegates for your Exhcange mailbox and/or calendar.
- Import Calendar Only Rules: If you have selected the
Central Exchange for Calendar Onlyoption from eID, you should import the Exchange rules for Calendar-only users - this is a one-time setup that must be done from Outlook. The reasoning behind this is explained further at Import Exchange rules for "calendar-only users". Please note, however, that the process varies slightly if you are importing the rule using the Outlook Terminal Server. Please refer to the instructions in the
Import Calendar Only Rulesfile on the desktop when you login to the Outlook Terminal Server.